Open source does not always equal free software. In some cases it is, but you will get what you pay for: just certain components rather than entire suites, or products and suites that lack the functionality required for large enterprise operations. So its important to understand and compare the enterprise suite functionalities that is available from the free community version across all the vendors. A recent report from Forrester on open source Business Intelligence provides this statistics for users who are looking for open source that offers the most enterprise features.
Posts Tagged pentaho
As part of a new initiative, we are working on developing real time dashboards using an open source BI engine – Pentaho.
Pentaho provide immediate insight into individual, departmental, or enterprise performance. By delivering key metrics in an attractive and intuitive visual interface, Pentaho gives business users the critical information they need to understand and improve organizational performance.
Pentaho Dashboards delivers this visibility by providing:
- Rich, interactive displays including Adobe Flash-based visualizations so that business users can immediately see which business metrics are on track, and which need attention
- Self-service dashboard designer includes extensive pre-built dashboard templates as well as drag and drop dashboard design and layout that lets business users easily create personalized dashboards with zero training
- Integration with Pentaho Reporting and Pentaho Analysis so that users can drill to underlying reports and analysis to understand what factors are contributing to good or bad performance
- Portal integration to make it easy to deliver relevant business metrics to large numbers of users, seamlessly integrated into their application
- Integrated alerting to continuously monitor for exceptions and notify users to take action