Detailed Guide On Artificial Intelligence (AI)
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence or AI is defined as the ability of a computer system or a device to think and learn. It is a field of science that tries to improve the efficiency of the computer to carry out scalable functions with brilliant mental capabilities.
Today, AI is the most discussed topic among the technology as well as a business circle. Industry analysts, as well as tech experts, believe that machine learning or AI is the future and is undoubtedly dominating the present. Rapid advancement in technology has connected us with AI in many ways whether it is SIRI or Alexa. The AI, as of now, is in its developmental stages with many firms investing in the machine learning sources which in turn would boost the growth of AI products and apps in the coming future.
Lets us have a look at how artificial intelligence (AI) is evolved over time:
- A report by Bloomberg states that in 2014 a rise of 300% year-on-year in AI startups investment was noted with more than $300 million.
- Gartner reported that in 2018 around 6 billion AI connected devices entered the market.
- By the end of 2018, face and voice recognition features dominated smart devices.
- Forrester predicts that in the next 10 years AI will replace as many as 16% of American jobs.
- Siri voice recognition is used by as many as 15% of Apple Smartphone users.
What are the types of artificial intelligence?
AI of lately has gained tremendous momentum. As of now, artificial intelligence is used for managing the voluminous amount of data and simplifying complex information in a quick turnaround. However, the AI that we use today is not sentient products. AI developers are working towards coming up with such machines in the future. It is believed that in the future AI would surpass humans by solving different tasks. Let’s look at some of the most notable types of AI that are dominating the industry –
Reactive Machines AI
The basic types of AI systems are primarily reactive as they are not tuned to use previous experience to advice on future action. The best use cases of artificial intelligence as a reactive machine is Deep Blue, a chess-playing game by IBM. Deep Blue came into news when it defeated the international chess grandmaster Garry Kasparov in late 1990s. AlphaGo by Google is also an example of reactive machine AI which is a computer learning machine developed for playing chess. The application is comparatively more enlightened as it uses a neural network to assess the game developments.
Limited Memory AI
The technology is used in self-driving cars. Limited Machine AI can detect the movement of vehicles on the road and around them by creating a static data like lane marks, curves in the road, and traffic lights. The map thus created by the AI system helps self-driving cars to avoid obstacles and collision. It takes around 100 seconds for the AI system to draft a concise decision in autonomous vehicles.
Theory of Mind AI
Theory of Mind AI is a much-advanced technology in the AI segment. The technology represents the thinking capabilities of the mind and the understanding of the people in terms of emotions and behavior. Researchers and experts across the world are currently practicing how best they can utilize the AI system. This type of AI technology is most commonly found in robots designed to act and behave like humans.
Self Aware AI
The self-aware AI was designed to support the theory of mind AI. It is still in the developmental phase. Just like the theory of mind AI, the self-aware AI can identify certain actions like emotions and attention spans as well as represent self-driven actions.
Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI)
ANI is the type of AI technology that can be found in day to day appliances and systems like Cortana and Siri in smartphones. The technology helps people respond to problems. This particular type of AI is also known as ‘weak AI’ as it not really strong as it needs to be.
Artificial Generic Intelligence (AGI)
The AGI is relatively strong AI and it is found mostly in robots like Pillo, a robot that can answer to almost all queries related to health and well being of the family. It is also designed to distribute medicines and advise patients on their respective health. It is a powerful technology as it holds potential in improving the well being of people at large scale.
Artificial Superhuman Intelligence (ASI)
ASI is the type of AI technology that has the ability to do almost everything humans are capable of. This type of AI system first appeared in Alpha 2. A robot tuned in with Alpha 2 is capable of performing household activities as well as notifying weather conditions. The robot is powerful and acts like a family member.
Each type of AI is based on certain components that are required to proficiently implement the technology. Here are the top 5 components that are necessary for any AI application to succeed.
- Discover: Discover is the ability of an AI system to uncover data or information without the help of humans. The AI is required to identify or discover a certain set of data without prior notice or supervision like anomaly detection and segmentation. Autonomous vehicles, for instance, should have the ability to self discover any obstacle or hurdle on the road.
- Predict: The second most important component of the AI system is the prediction. Once the AI machine detects or discovers data it should be able to predict the reaction. For instance, self-driving cars upon discovering hurdle should be able to predict the outcome in case proximity to the object. The AI system should be able to predict it ‘right’ for concise decision making.
- Justify: The AI systems as right called machine learning have the ability not only to discover, predict but also to justify. The AI technology is designed to spot any problem and predict its consequence results as well as explain how that problem can be solved or may complicate if left unsolved.
- Act: Today, AI technology requires intelligently acting on the situation rather than predicting any governing problems. Businesses demand AI to take concise steps to overcome any problem.
- Learn: AI systems are designed to learn as they evolve. They are developed with technology that allows them to learn from different activities.
What are the goals of artificial intelligence?
The long-term goals of artificial intelligence are to figure out the many ways the world operates, spot any problems, and find out a solution to improve the life of the people. The goals are actually based on the benefits of artificial intelligence which can be summed up in three points:
- Studying and modeling the existing intelligence i.e. humans
- Theoretical analysis and explanation of certain mechanisms and systems.
- Solving practical problems of humans by designing new intelligent of semi-intelligent machines.
What is the future of artificial intelligence?
AI technology is likely to stay and improve the quality of life in many ways. The AI technology was introduced to allow machines to carry out complex processes with the assistant of humans. Regular advancement in technology has made AI an inseparable part of human life. Today, the AI system is present in almost everywhere whether it be vehicles or computers. In the future, we may see AI taking up much greater roles especially in the healthcare sector and transport. It is believed that in the future AI systems will help eliminate road collisions and boost speedy transport across the world.
Let us look at six magnificent ways by which AI is expected to affect our way of living –
- Automated transportation: Self-driving cars can already be spotted on the roads. In the near future, we may even see automated public transports like buses and trains. Although it may take a certain time for tech experts like Google to come up with AI technology that could solve public transport related issues faced by the general public.
- The Dangerous Jobs: Boom defusing and fire extinguishing are certain life-threatening jobs that are expected to overtake by robots in the near future. Jobs that put the health of people directly at the stake such as jobs that expose humans to earsplitting noise. All such jobs are expected to be taken up by AI-based systems in the future.
- Cyborg technology: Cyborg technology is a system by which humans are expected to improve their cognitive activity. It is predicted that in the future humans may use AI to better performance in certain tasks such as communicating their thoughts and more.
- Robots as friends: AI experts are busy in developing best friends for humans. In the fast-paced world, people often complain of loneliness and isolation. In the future, we may have the option to buy a friend for our self.
- Solving climate issues: Our climate is going through a rapid change that is affecting the overall wellbeing of people and our existence at large. It is believed that AI technology would be programmed to solve climate issues like global warming to increase the life expectancy of the earth.
- Improved elderly care: Elderly care still needs improvement. It is hoped that in the near future certain AI devices will be designed that would improve healthcare service for the elderly. We may see home robots in the future for the elderly with physical disabilities.
We don’t know how exactly the artificial intelligence future scope would be however, it is expected that AI would take up much greater roles in the future and help improve life.
How Intellectyx helps in artificial intelligence?
Intellectyx is a digital transformation company helping businesses grow by deploying data, digital, and intelligent solutions. We focus on AI from a wide perspective that includes automation, data, data building, cause and effect, prediction and more.
Some use cases where AI have been used across our client solutions:
- Consumers based communication personalization on segmentation as well as past data.
- Compliance management such as legal discovery, GDPR, HIPAA.
- Personalized learning in education and learning management systems.
- Behavioral insight and future prediction for retail and e-commerce industry.
- Alexa, HomePod, and Siri based voice assisted virtual assistants to interact and access information with systems, and processes.
- Analysis of employee behavior and predicting future action and employee engagement platforms.
- Chatbots for effective back end office management, automated human support workflows, improved customer support.
- Conversational AI platform for sales, customer experience, and marketing.
The combination of extensive parallel processing power, advanced algorithms, and massive data sets to feed the algorithms has unleashed this new era. We hope to continue and collaborate with more companies using our AI competency.