What is Amazon DynamoDB?.
Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service that provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability. DynamoDB lets you offload the administrative burdens of operating and scaling a distributed database, so that you don’t have to worry about hardware provisioning, setup and configuration, replication, software patching, or cluster scaling. Also, DynamoDB offers encryption at rest, which eliminates the operational burden and complexity involved in protecting sensitive data.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|Amazon.com||Proprietary||–||aws.amazon.com/dynamodb||Supported for at least one year beyond the next major version release.||SQL and NoSQL databases, in addition to Python and JSON.|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
|MongoDB, MYSQL||JUnit tests||Better Accessibility with Lex, Polly, and Alexa.||Amazon.com.||aws.amazon.com/rds|
- Auto scales, elastic in nature
- Virtually infinite storage
- It is super easy, flexible and scalable
- It is very secure with all the different ways AWS can secure resources
- Data modeling and table design is very crucial when using DynamoDB.
- Deployable only AWS.
- Consistency comes with Cost
- Secondary Indexes are not supported
- No Support of automatic transactions