What is DL4J?.
Dl4j is an open-source, distributed deep-learning library written for Java and Scala. Integrated with Hadoop and Apache Spark, DL4J brings AI to business environments for use on distributed GPUs and CPUs.Deeplearning4j includes implementations of the restricted Boltzmann machine, deep belief net, deep autoencoder etc. Deeplearning4j can facilitate the process of building an application without relying on third-party providers for ETL libraries, tensor libraries, etc. It’s a great framework with a lot of potential in areas of image recognition, natural language processing, fraud detection, and text mining.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|Eclipse Foundation||Apache 2.0||–||deeplearning4j.org/support||–||C, C++, Python, Clojure|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
|tensorflow, mxnet||–||–||Apache 2.0||github.com/deeplearning4j/deeplearning4j|
- It’s ability to extrapolate new features from a limited set of features contained in a training set.
- It’s robust, flexible and effective.
- It can process huge amounts of data without sacrificing speed.
- Not very popular among machine learning projects, the framework itself cannot rely on growing codebases.
- Costs of development of project may be higher.