What is Less?.
Less (Leaner Style Sheets; sometimes stylized as LESS) is a dynamic preprocessor stylesheet language that can be compiled into Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and run on the client side or server side. LESS is a CSS pre-processor that enables customizable, manageable and reusable style sheet for website, extends the capability of CSS and is also cross browser friendly.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
|Complier, Saas||Sandbox||–||Less team||lesscss.org/|
- Lightweight feature set, it is syntactically similar to CSS and run on client side
- The syntax is essentially the same as CSS with extensions for dynamic behavior such as variables, mixins, operations and functions.
- Less is written in JS, it can be processed on client side making the set-up easy
- Less currently has limited support.
- Does not offer custom functions and instead requires the use of mixins
- It does not have loop and conditionals block