What is Logstash?.
Logstash is an open source tool for collecting, parsing, and storing logs for future use. It comes with a wide range of plugins that makes it possible to easily configure it to collect, process and forward data in many different architectures.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|Elastic||Apache License 2.0||–||elastic.co/support||–||–|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
- Open source and completely free to download and use.
- Actively developed. The latest update (version 6.2.3) was released on March 2018.
- Installation is just four simple steps and a command line.
- Memory Consumption is high.
- Dependent on Java, which has its own problems with security vulnerabilities.