What is Mongo DB?.
Mongo DB is a document-oriented NoSQL database used for high volume data storage. In this tutorial you can learn how MongoDB be accessed and some of its important features like indexing, regular expression, sharding data, etc.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|MongoDB engineers||Apache License v2.0||–||mongodb.com/support||–||NoSQL|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
|mySQL, cassandra||MongoVUE or Robomongo||–||MongoDB engineers||github.com/mongodb/mongo|
- It’s fast and easy to use and Schema can be written without downtime.
- The engine supports JSON and other NoSQL documents.
- Data of any structure can be stored and accessed quickly and easily.
- Tools to translate SQL to MongoDB queries are available, but they add an extra step to using the engine.
- Setup can be a lengthy process.
- Default settings are not secure.