What is Node.js?.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
|Java,PHP||Mocha and Chai for unit test , Sinon.JS||Pa11y accessibility test runner, built using Pa11y.||Oracle Corp.||github.com/nodejs/node|
- Completely unopinionated, helps to start building everything from scratch. Executes basic tasks but gives only the bare minimum from a fresh install, making it less restricted.
- Written using C language; makes it really fast compared to Ruby, Python, or Perl
- Node.js API changes frequently, making it to lack consistency and are often backward-incompatible. Programmers are forced to make changes to the existing code base to make it compatible with the latest version of the Node.js API.
- With Asynchronous programming the codes tend to become clustered, clumsy and programmers have to depend on the nested calls.
- Multithreading is not supported making it complicated for many developers to consider the technology unsuitable for complex applications.