What is Open CV?.
Open Source Computer Vision Library with C++, Python and Java interfaces supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS and Android. OpenCV was designed for computational efficiency and with a strong focus on real-time applications. Written in optimized C/C++, the library can take advantage of multi-core processing. Enabled with OpenCL, it can take advantage of the hardware acceleration of the underlying heterogeneous compute platform.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
|Keras, Tensorflow||SikuliX||–||Willow Garage||github.com/opencv/opencv|
- First and foremost, OpenCV is available free of cost.
- OpenCV library is written in C/C++ it is quite fast.
- Low RAM usage (approx. 60–70 mb).
- It is portable as OpenCV can run on any device that can run C.
- Does not provide the same ease of use when compared to MATLAB.
- OpenCV has a flann library of its own. This causes conflict issues when you try to use OpenCV library with the PCL library