What is Postgre SQL?.
PostgreSQL is one of several free popular databases, and it is frequently used for web databases. It was one of the first database management systems to be developed, and it allows users to manage both structured and unstructured data. It can also be used on all major platforms, including Linux-based ones, and it’s fairly simple to import information from other database types using the tool.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|MVCC||BSD or MIT licenses||–||postgresql.org/support||–||MySQL, node.js|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
- This database management engine is scalable and can handle terabytes of data.
- It supports JSON.
- There are a variety of predefined functions.
- A number of interfaces are available.
- Documentation can be spotty, so you may find yourself searching online in an effort to figure out how to do something.
- Configuration can be confusing.
- Speed may suffer during large bulk operations or read queries.