What is WordPress?.
WordPress is an open source Content Management System (CMS), which allows the users to build dynamic websites and blog. WordPress is the most popular blogging system on the web and allows updating, customizing and managing the website from its back-end CMS and component. It is greatly associated with blogging, but supports other types of web content.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|WordPress consultants||GNU GPLv2+||Angry birds||en.support.wordpress.com||core and plugins updates on every 12 hours.||PHP, HTML, and CSS.|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
|Wix,Joomla||WordPress test||JAWS automated test infrastructure||WordPress consultants.||core.trac.wordpress.org/browser|
- WordPress is a strong content management system because of its origin in blogging.
- Easy to navigate through the pages and content on a WordPress website
- More than 50,000 free and paid plugins available to WordPress users. These plugins helps to customize and enhance any WordPress site
- Being an open-source platform, WordPress is attractive to potential hackers.
- Certain themes contain a lot of unnecessary generic code. This can decrease the speed of the site and cause slow load times.