What is Xamarin?.
Xamarin provides a developer with tools that can help them in building cross-platform mobile applications. The applications can have all the native features and also share the common codebase at the same time. Also facilitates to compile the code for native platform like if you want to run the application for IOS then select code for IOS and compile you will get the .apk file for IOS same as for other windows and Android apps.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|Microsoft||–||ios and android||xamarinhelp.com/how-to-get-support-from-xamarin||–||–|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
|android sudio, react native||–||–||Microsoft.||github.com/xamarin|
- Cuts down intricate applications development expenses for multiple operating systems. Instead of developing a complete application for each system, improves the time needed to market and depletes monetary resources.
- Delivers high performance with device-specific experiences using native API’s to create a User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) that the users of specific devices are accustomed to.
- Xamarin reduces the time on writing the code and allows smart repurposing.
- Limited support for coding outside of Xamarin. Code developed in Xamarin will not transfer and cannot be reused for native or HTML5 applications for iOS or Android.
- Restrictions to use numerous open-source libraries for iOS and Android development.