What is Yii framework?.
Yii is an open source, object-oriented, component-based MVC PHP web application framework for rapidly-developing, modern Web applications. It is built around the Model-View-Controller composite pattern. Yii provides secure and professional features to create robust projects rapidly.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|Yii team||BSD License||–||yiiframework.com||Supported for two years beyond the major version release.||PHP / Zend Framework / Codeigniter.|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
|Laravel, codeigniter||Codeception||Built with an Automated A11y test infrastructure.||Yii team.||github.com/yiisoft/yii2|
- Light- weighted codes
- Superb security, and great extensions
- Very easy framework to learn
- Lacks the support of much needed extensions to create complex applications.
- Availability of experts is not high in number when compared with other platforms.
- Community support is not so massive