What is Zend Framework?.
Zend is an open source PHP framework. It is pure object-oriented and built around the MVC design pattern. Zend framework contains collection of PHP packages which can be used to develop web applications and services.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|Zend Technologies||BSD license||Magento||zend.com/en/support-center/support||Supported for at least one year beyond the next major version release.||PHP, HTML and SQL|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
|asp.net core ,MVC||Laravel, codeigniter||zend-test.||Zend Technologies.||github.com/zendframework/zendframework|
- It’s very robust, well tested and very widely used.
- One of the oldest and most trusted frameworks of PHP
- Has all the features that a good Web Framework should have
- Loosely coupled use-at-will architecture. This means that you can pick and choose components as you need them without using the full packaged library
- Too much bloatware.
- It’s really slow compared to other frameworks like Laravel.
- Documentation is pretty bad. For a newbie, it’s really hard to understand how things work.