What is Apache HBASE?.
Apache HBase is an open source NoSQL database that provides real-time read/write access to those large datasets. HBase scales linearly to handle huge data sets with billions of rows and millions of columns, and it easily combines data sources that use a wide variety of different structures and schemas.
|Maintained by||License Type||Popular Examples||Support||Updates||Developer Skills|
|Zookeeper||Apache License 2.0||–||hortonworks.com/apache/hbase/||–||Java|
|Often Compared to||Testing||Accessibility||Maintained by||Repository|
- HBase can handle as well as stores large datasets on top of HDFS file storage.
- Data reading and processing in HBase will take the small amount of time.
- In HBase, there is no support for the transaction.
- It is not possible to implement any cross-data operations and joining operations, in HBase.
- It permits only one default sort per table